Suitable for: APS-EL
Duration: 1-day workshop
Venue: Details provided with your confirmation of registration
Price: $675.00 (excl. GST)
Dates: 7 September (Canberra)
Registration: APS Learn
Contact: nationalcalendarteam [at] apsc.gov.au ( )
*This program is also delivered 'in agency'. For more information regarding terms and conditions, please contact agencytraining [at] apsc.gov.au.
You may also like:
Good administrative decisions that are consistent with legal and policy frameworks are essential skills. Examine legal authorities that make decisions and the responsibilities of administrative decision-makers. Work through case studies and scenarios to identify, interpret and apply legislation in making decisions and examine how decisions can be reviewed.
On completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Describe the legal and administrative framework for APS decision-making.
- Interpret and apply legislation and other guidance in administrative decision-making.
- Make fair and robust decisions within delegations and accountability mechanisms.
- Assemble a suite of useful strategies to assist with effective decision-making principles in the workplace.
- Phase 1 - Pre-reading and workplace activities
- Phase 2 - One-day workshop.
- Phase 3 - On-the-job activities.